Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July Weekend

Our 4th of July weekend was great. Friday the 4th we went to the parade, which was quite lame, but the girls looked cute with their red, white and blue hair bows and festive outfits. We BBQed with some friends that evening and squeezed in half a game of Croquet, which I never played before and its way fun. Then there were the fireworks! We took the seats out of the Sequoia and set up the kids with pillows, blankets and a movie, which was the best idea I have had in a long time. Kira LOVED the fireworks; Adalin wouldn't have been all that sad to miss them. She is such a stinker when she's exhausted. Of course, who isn't?

Saturday Adam played in a softball tourney for 10 1/2 hours. I was back and forth from the baseball fields with the kiddos, which was fabulous. I LOVE softball games! The sun, jungle gym, nachos and dust always make for a great summer day.




























Now for the cheesy part: I thought a lot about what the 4th of July really means to me this weekend. Honestly, I have no idea what it is like to not live in a free country and how remarkable my life really is because of the country that I live in. I can make whatever I want for dinner each night, travel to see family whenever I feel like hitting the road, get an education of my choice, have as many children as I want and buy virtually anything that I would like to. I am grateful for the sacrifices of my forefathers that make this country everything wonderful that it is today. In all honesty, I don't think that I am grateful enough for all my freedom. I love this country though, and despite its weaknesses, it the best place to live in all the world.

2 comments:

Pattie said...

before you pack up your computer check out my current post..

Unknown said...

I love the cheezy parts of your posts! Keep 'em coming! You've been such a great friend for these short couple of years. I will miss you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails