When are girls supposed to have their first crush?
Is 4 too early?
I think its too early.
It all began a few weeks after school started. Adalin mentions Alex. He rides her bus. He isn't in her class though. My first question was: how does she really know this kid then? She began by smiling at him. At first there weren't any smiles coming back. When he did smile back at her she was more excited than I have seen her in a long time. I'm talking running and shouting as she got off the bus. Ok...
Smiles weren't enough. She takes it upon herself to ask the bus aid if she can sit by him. Aggressive? I think so. So now they sit together everyday. She is still working on getting him to talk to her. He's a little shy in that department.
Then she tells me over the weekend: Mom, I just can't stop thinking about Alex.
I think this is kind of cute, but I'm kinda freaking out. Does she just want to befriend the shy kid? Make a new friend? Does she think he's cute? Does she even know the difference between a cute boy and his opposite? Are girls as young as Adalin really capable of having little crushes? Sheesh!
3 comments:
Whoa, I would be worried! J/K, but Pohai claims it's not even good to talk or look at the boys at preschool. I like the sound of that! I guess every kid's different, though.
Ha, that's awesome. Sounds like baby Adalin may be taking after her mother. ;) Keep me updated - this is a good story.
She has always just been very grown-up for her age! Shouldn't she be approaching the cooties stage soon?
Post a Comment