Our Christmas list this year wasn't all that extensive. A few kitchen gadgets for me, some workout stuff for Adam (he's getting a little soft around the middle :) ) and a few toys for the girls to play with. I even put at the bottom of the list: Dogs- brains. They could use some more of those from jolly ol' Saint Nick.
We just got something though that wasn't even on our written list that, in so many ways, is the greatest gift we could have asked anyone for. Money could have bought it, I suppose. This gift, however, we received as an answer to a lot of prayers. Period. And not just our prayers but the prayers and hopes of our parents, families and friends. It's something that, at times over the last 5 months, we didn't think we had a chance at getting. There was a little glimmer of hope though, shining through in the moments when things just wouldn't go right.
While waiting, we have learned faith. I have always known what faith is and how it grows but such a trial of faith has never been existent in my life. I have had to completely put my trust in God, which wasn't easy. In addition I had to submit my own will, what I wanted the outcome of our lives to be, and be OK with the plan that God had for us. Not easy at all, especially when so much was invested the plan I had for my family.
So what's the gift?
An orthopedic residency spot at Genesys Hospital.
Take all my other Christmas gifts back to the store and I would be happy still.
Thanks for all your hopes and prayers.
4 comments:
I am so happy for you guys. Now you can sit back and truly enjoy the holidays and the love of a Father in Heaven. Miss you. Happy Christmas
Congratulations! What a relief!
Congratulations. That's so awesome. It must be soooo nice to finally know!!!! Have a wonderful Christmas!!
Congrats and YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment