I came home last Saturday morning to find not one, but two of these snappers in my front flower beds, holes dug, with their back ends happily positioned. My hypothesis was that they were laying eggs...

So, we set our recycling bin on its side in front of them, one at a time and used our garden hoe and shovel to scoot them in. They were NOT happy. They call them snappers for a good reason. I heard that these big snappers can take a finger off. Not sure if that is true, but I don't want to find out!
So, we set our recycling bin on its side in front of them, one at a time and used our garden hoe and shovel to scoot them in. They were NOT happy. They call them snappers for a good reason. I heard that these big snappers can take a finger off. Not sure if that is true, but I don't want to find out!
And... this is what we found! Yep. There are 6 in this picture, but that hole went DEEP! There were at least 15-20 eggs, per hole.
We reloacated the mommas and their eggs to the other end of the neighborhood where there are no houses.

No comments:
Post a Comment