Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A New Baby?

No, I am not pregnant.

I thought that I would write about how our Kira transformed into a different baby over the Christmas break... She seems like a whole new baby all of the sudden! She is growing up so quickly and it is so exciting to watch her learn and grow!
- She started crawling!
- She started to say "uh oh" and it is so cute
- Will say "mama" on command
- Is starting to say something that sounds like "dadin" which is Adam or Daddy
- Gives kisses, this is one of my favs
- Continues to wave, when in the correct mood, when you say "hi"
- She pulls herself to standing and is starting to "cruise"


Adalin continues to crack us up. She does everything we do. She loves to make us sit in front if her so she can "teach us" and loves to herd the dogs and Kira all at once around the house to participate in her already planned activities.
She wanted me to babysit her baby doll a few days ago and said, "Mom, can you watch Sara? I put everything you need in her bag. Just feed her if she gets hungry and pick her up if she cries. There are diapers in the bag so change her if she is poopy. I will be back soon. I am going to school to take a hard test" Or something to that effect. I see so much of myself in her, its weird. She notices that when I drop her and Kira off somewhere to be babysat that I worry a little and say things (like that) that just don't need to be said like, "Kira just ate so she shouldn't be hungry and she may get a little tired, but she should be OK." She watches my every move and imitates them all later.
She loves McDonald's too. Adam and I told her a few times when we drove past McDonald's that she can't have any (she requests it quite often) because McDonald's will make us fat is we eat there too much. So we had someone come and look at our house the other night and made a trip to the Wendy's drive-through and she says, "We can't eat here! This food is for fat people!" Hmmm, semi true, somewhat not. I guess its better that she understands not to eat that food too much b/c it will make you fat and have a little misunderstanding that not everyone who eats there is fat than to have no concept of what unhealthy food is. Lets hope that she doesn't blurt that one out when she walks in to her next fast food restaurant.

1 comment:

mgallen729 said...

When I read your comments about Adalin I laughed so hard I cried. She is such a hoot!!!! One of the most amazing things that these dear ones do is keep us smiling and in Adalin's case laughing. Tell both the girls that gramma loves them. Hugs and kisses to all!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails