Thursday, January 8, 2009

Oh, really? That's news to me.

Last Sunday was Adalin's first time in Primary. She was so happy to be out of nursery and hanging with the big dogs. Adam and I teach the 6 & 7 year-olds, so we were in the same room with her during singing and sharing time. We talked about eternal families during the lesson and the kids got to color little paper people, representing their parents and siblings. Here is how part of the lesson went:

Teacher: Adalin, that is supposed to be your dad and mom, you and your little sister. Wait, yeah, your little sister. You don't have a brother, do you?
Adalin: No, that's Kira. But we are having a baby soon, it's a boy! His name is Seth.

All eyes in the room were on Adam and I... I am glad we were there to clarify. Adalin is very excited to have a little brother (or sister) someday. She asks me all the time if there is a baby in my tummy yet and why it is taking so long. I know that when this happens to be true, we may hold off on telling Adalin until the news is meant to be public! I am glad to have learned my lesson in advance.

It was actually kind of funny. Everyone was laughing at Adalin and her complete lack of protocol. I have admit though that, in the past, I have found out about things from pregnancy to upcoming (surprise) moves of families from kids Adalin's age, and older, that were meant to be confidential. Kids are hilarious, and honest.

8 comments:

valerie said...

This was too cute. I would have totally believed her, if you guys weren't in there to set the record straight.

Katie Aeschliman said...

Sorry if I instigated that in anyway! But I am glad you and Adam were there to clarify....I must say, it was pretty hilarious! Don't you wonder what our children tell people when we're not around? Maybe it's better that we don't know.

Janette said...

That is a total crack up! I wish I could have been there!

The Rays said...

That's too funny!

DeAnne said...

We sure miss Adalin! It is funny what is on their minds sometimes. Good thing you guys were there!

jayne said...

Nice. Gotta love kids!

Brittney said...

Awesome, a boy named Seth! So excited for you guys! hehe...

Today I was substituting for a CTR 5 class and was talking to the kids about praying with their families before bedtime. All of a sudden that caused one of the girls to want to tell me all about her Hannah Montana movies! Kids are hilarious.. I'm not always sure how ideas are linked in their little heads.

Sarah said...

That is too funny, Melissa!
This isn't quite as bad, but Alex was telling people that I was having twins for a while. Silly children.

Related Posts with Thumbnails