It was a school night, but it was 79 degrees and sunny that day and I couldn't pass up what could have been the very last absolutely gorgeous day of summer weather. So we hit up the beach. I tried really hard to take the kids to one of the many gorgeous beaches by our house as often as I could this past summer. It's a free excursion and they LOVE going.
I would love it more if 1.) I didn't have an infant to keep out of the sun and fed and happy and 2.) if there weren't so many things to carry down to the water and 3.) if it wasn't so dang hard to pull them out of the water and get in the car without a significant amount of whining and complaining. So, yes, I went as often as, uh, I had the energy for it!
Adam was out of town, and for some reason I tend to go out and do more when he's not around. For some reason, actually, I know exactly why this is the case... When Adam is home (which is seldom) he likes to stay home. (I don't blame him.) And when Adam is home, we like to spend time with him (which is seldom). So that's that.
But, when daddy's gone, it's party time! We did the beach, park & apple orchard all in the 4 days he was gone. I guess keeping myself busy is remedy for single-mom-idness. {yes, I made that word up.}
3 comments:
That is the saddest part about summer ending. No more trips to the beach. sigh...
Adalin looks like she's modeling in most of these pictures! Ha, she's so sassy!
haha, totally look like little girl model pictures. What pretty girls.
Post a Comment