Monday, December 20, 2010

Halloween 2010 - Pirates, Princesses and a Frog

I guess this tells you how how behind I am on blogging! C'est la vie!

I journeyed to Halloween USA a few hours before our church Halloween party in search of costumes for Adam and myself. We never dress up. Or if we do we use the same black afro wig and cowboy hat that we have had since we were married. This year, we both felt the urge to get in the spooky spirit. It was fun. The best part about this Halloween? The fact that no one recognized Adam at all. Seriously, many, many people told him that they didn't know who he was until he sat next to me or talked to them about something that only Adam would have talked about. It was hilarious. Maybe I should be a makeup artist when I grow up? I think he makes a very convincing Jack Sparrow, no?

The night before I stayed up until 3am sewing Adalin and Kira's princess dresses. Yes. 3am. I haven't stayed up that late since, uh, high school? Not sure if I will be making costumes anymore. Or if I do, I will start before the week of the event. Procrastination is a ... problem.

Why the modge-podge of costumes? Well, our story is that the pirates kidnapped the baby prince(ss) and the princesses tried to come to the rescue. It works.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails