Saturday, December 18, 2010

Mommies Lost

This may be a depressing post. But my hope is that we all think of the fragility of the lives we live; that we live each day as if it could be our last.

There are 2 congregations that meet in our church building. When we were in church last week the bishop announced the death of a mother and Primary president (in the other ward) who passed away in her sleep the previous Tuesday night. I sat wondering why this would happen to what was such a happy family. She had 4 (or 5) small children.
In our previous neighborhood lived another happy, brand new family. This mother was expecting her first baby, and was inspired just 2 days before she delivered to set up her video camera while her husband was at work and talk to her baby, tell her how much she was loved and anticipated. With a 15 day-old baby, the mom got a brain aneurysm. She had surgery, was almost recovered, got another one, and died.

Over the last week I have thought a lot about these two women. I have thought about the lives they left behind and how their families will be able to go on without them. I have thought often about how I am living my life, how the effect of each impatient and tense moment will impact my family. What if I wasn't around in the morning to say I'm sorry? Would I have regrets? Did I tell each child and Adam how much I really love them today?

Let us not take our days for granted. There is so much to be thankful for. Each day is truly a blessing.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails