Sometimes one just needs to leave town. Go on an adventure. Alone, with 4 kids in tow. Ever feel that way?
I didn't think so.
I went anyway. And it was a blast. And doable. The girls were actually pretty dang good. So good that I'd do it again.
School got out and we took off a week later for Virginia to see Adam's brother's family In Roanoke and then some friends in Richmond. The girls needed a trip. I needed a break from the endless projects and house cleaning around here. We ate a lot of Chic Fil A. Hiked, slid down rocks slides, exercised, went for lots of walks, swam, played at parks, went for scooter rides, caught fire flies, watched movies, stayed up way too late, did crafts on a roof.... what else? Oh yea. Ice cream. No trip with this mama is complete without ice cream.
Lanie loved her Uncle Nate. She loves men in general, I think. And Uncle Nate loved Lanie.
Roaring Run was so beautiful and tons of fun. There were rock slides that we slid down into pools of water. My older two are getting brave and actually tried the huge one. I won't mention if they cried when they surfaced at the bottom though. At least they tried.
And by the end of leg one of the trip, this is how we all felt:
No comments:
Post a Comment