The Gooss' live near Richmond, which is a lovely place to visit. If you're ever in the area, make a point to walk around Maymont Park. Absolutely gorgeous. And free. I'm not sure what was most awesome about Maymont, it's immaculate gardens or the fact that it is free. Or maybe the black bear they have residing there. Or maybe the huge magnolia trees. Or maybe that it's free. Have I mentioned it's free? Seriously though, you should go.
Anyway, the Gooss'. Or would it be Goosses? However the plural spelling of their last name would be, they are awesome. We met them here in residency. There are just some people that you will love for life. They are on our we-will-love-them-forever list.
We went to the Half Pipe Mall one afternoon. They had a Cheescake Factory. Uh oh. I probably shouldn't tell you that I bought to slices of cheesecake. $18? Serously?! Worth every penny though.
They had a Pottery Barn store too. $2,784? Seriously?! Just kidding. I actually walked out of there without spending a dime. It's true. Hardest. Thing. I've. Ever. Done.
And then there was our trek over to Virginia Beach. AHHHHH. The Ocean. How magnificent thou art. Girls had a blast, kept getting swept down the shore and called back, and finally got brave and started jumping waves in deeper water just as we were ready to leave, much to their dismay.
Like I've said before, no trip anywhere with me is complete without some ice cream.
Now that I think of it, no trip to any state that has a Chic Fil A is complete without some chicken. And fries. And Chic Fil A sauce. And fresh squeezed lemonade. This pic below is of the kids after some Chic Fil A on their family night. Free Cookies and balloon attire.
And after a long 11 days on the road, this sign was a very welcomed sight, indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment