There are few people in my life that really mean the world to me, or more. Kaileen is one of them.
We have known each other since middle school. Kaileen's little brother, Kyle, died of Rhabdomyosarcoma, a very vigorous form of cancer just 2 months ago. How difficult would it be to loose a sibling, especially your only one at age 23? Kyle was only 2 years younger. What a short life, so incomplete. I don't know how Kaileen got through those first days after Kyle died. I don't know what I would have done, if I could have handled it.
Kaileen's father died just this past Friday.
It is just too early in our lives to be losing parents, siblings. These things aren't supposed to happen for another 30, 50 years, or more.
I feel so bad for Kaileen. I don't know how she is coping, or if she really is. I wish that I was closer so that I could be there for her. I have been gone ever since the fall after high school graduation. Its been too long. I feel like my family needs me, like my friends need me. They are so far away. I just can't be the friend, sister, daughter, niece that I should be if I am this far away.
Any words of encouragement for Kaileen?
I am so grateful for my knowledge that there is life after this. I know that we will see our loved ones again someday. I know with all my heart that our trials "shall give [us] experience, and shall be for [our] good" and that they will seem but a moment in time someday. But still, this is tough stuff. Some things in life just don't seem fair. We won't ever be given more than Heavenly Father knows we can handle, but my goodness, how hard will it get for her? She must be strong.
I love you Kaileen. I would do anything for you girl. Hang in there.
Adiana maturing
9 years ago
1 comment:
OH Melissa..I am so sorry
but you know that kaileens brother is so much happier and looking at the big picture his life was complete.
Its so hard to understand why we have the trials that we do or when we see our friends suffering though their trials and other than prayer there is not much we can do to to help
Kaileen is so blessed to have such a life long friend like you..
Post a Comment