The town Adam was born in and lived in until he left for BYU. It is a very sweet little town an hour or so north of Portland with plenty of nature trails, rivers and little shops to keep one busy. I really loved this place. We were able to hang around Farmington for a week. Adam did a lot of cruisin' down memory lane, where he would drive by this person's house who did this once or that store where this happened or this street where this race was ran or over this bridge that people jumped off of...
The first day we were there, driving through downtown, Adam shakes his head as if trying to wake up from a dream and says, "This is unreal! [pause] I can't believe I am here, driving my own car, with my own family." Adam hasn't been back for 7 years, and that was only for 2 weeks after being away for 3 years! It was fun for me to finally see all these places that I have heard SO much about. It was fun to see Adam on his old stomping ground.

Adam's childhood home. (above)

Where Adam's father taught English courses.

Adam worked at Pike's Farm growing up. The girls are enjoying large, ripe Pike's strawberries here. They ate them like candy! They loved the peas too!

The strawberry fields.

The health food store, where Adam's mom did some shopping.

The movie theater.

Renys! A 3-level dept. store. It is a one-stop shop, trust me. I was amazed at the variety of goods packed in this place! Rakes, rain boots, toys, food, clothing, coolers, fishing gear... you name it.

Bus #39, Adam seems to think that this is the exact bus #39 that he rode on 10+ years ago... We drove around the school yard searching for #39. It was funny.

The fitness center. Where Adam would sneak a visit with his girlfriends. :)

Adam's high school.

Jack's trading post. Just around the corner from Adam's house. The Franson kids got all their treats and sweets here, I believe.
1 comment:
Very cool! So fun to be able to step into the world of friends this way!
Post a Comment