I remember looking at couples who had 5 year-old children and thinking that was kind of old. Old... on the parents' part or the kids'? Don't know. Brand new, little families don't have 5-year-olds. I don't feel old at all and 5 really isn't that old for a little girl.
5 just isn't toddler age anymore.
It is a "hey can you answer that phone for me" or "can you hold the baby for me" or "see you after school at 4pm" kind of age.
I am a bit behind on my blog posts which is why these pics from her latest birthday taken a month ago and are just now being posted. Nevertheless.... Here she is!
Yes, the above picture is of Adalin IN THE HOSPITAL right after she was born! You can see all 9 lbs. 9 oz. of her in the cheeks, can't you? Porker.
At ~4 months... thinned out a little, you see.
And now. Beautiful, sweet, helpful, intelligent, nurturing, lovely, grown-up Adalin.
Also known as "Buzz."
Sadly, after singing to her Adam gave her 5 spankin's and was about to give her a "pinch to grow and inch" and she freaked out. "DON'T PINCH ME!" she said.
Okay, okay. This used to be my favorite part about my birthdays. The yearly pinch. Well, not really. She had just never heard of that before.
The good thing- she rebounded quickly and was a happy birthday girl for the rest of the evening.
She got a new bike this year. The little 12" princess bike was way too small (and has since been passed on to Kira.) She has a 16-incher now and is still getting used to the jump up. She will get it though. I wouldn't be surprised if she grows another inch by the end of summer. The girl is growing like a weed. The school clothes I bought her in September are all almost too small now!
Love you Buzz-a-roo!
2 comments:
Oh! That picture of her fearing for her life is precious! Happy Birthday! I must be really old because one of mine is SEVEN!
Happy Birthday Adalin, we miss you tons! Pohai says hello!
Post a Comment