Sunday, May 11, 2008

Adalin's New Bike

We knew that it was high time we got Adalin her first "real" bike. We used a bike as bribery to get her to do something that we have long been yearning for...
You ask her, "Adalin, tell me about night-time..." and she says, "I hold my panties all night!" That means that she (finally) doesn't wear diapers at night! Ah! That may not be too big of a deal for you all, but for Adam and I it is huge. We are very proud of her!
On Adam's birthday last Saturday we headed to the only place in Kirksville that you can purchase a bike (Walmart) and got her the Huffy Princess Bike, complete with pom-poms for the end of the handle bars, flowers on the spokes and a princess fanny pack look alike that velcros on the front and holds a special princess water bottle for those long, excruciating bike rides she will be going on. :)
She picked up the pedaling and steering pretty fast too! I was impressed! I thought it would take longer. She still biffs it when the sidewalk is too bumpy or when she turns too sharply. Te only thing she pretty much can't do on her own is turn around on the narrow sidewalk, but besides that she is doing really well. There will be some videos on the home video blog for you! Here are some pics!




1 comment:

mgallen729 said...

Adalin looks so thrilled and proud of her new pink princess bike. She is getting so big so fast and I wish that time would just slow down a bit. Before long I know she will be riding that bike without the training wheels!! Is it just me or are they making smaller two-wheelers because I was like 5 when I got my first one and it didn't seem that small. I think I was still on a trike when I was her age. Anyway....Good job Adalin for being totally diaper free. Gramma is so proud of you!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails