Friday, August 22, 2008

Back and Ready to Roll

The last month has been CRAZY. We moved on the 15th of July, were in our new house for 1 1/2 weeks, then drove to Utah and Oregon and were gone for 3.

6,120 miles and 5 pounds later, we are back in Grand Blanc and ready to finally begin our life (and diets) here.

Before we took off for vacation, we got all but 2 small boxes unpacked and painted 2 bathrooms. Not bad for under 2 weeks, eh? Still, our house was left in minor disarray, with things unorganized and out of place.

It seems that with every move I loose a box too. The move 2 years ago I lost a box with baking goods in it, including my treasured Dominican Republic Real Vanilla Extract that my MIL brought back for me from their mission there. This time it was my small bin with all my bow-making stuff in it. Bummer. All that ribbon, MIA. Hope I find it.

We are being employed by our landlords to paint the trim on the outside of the house here. I took the liberty of choose a little bit different color to make way for more contrast and character. I think it looks great. Will post pics when its finished.

Next interior room to paint: don't know. It's a tie between my room and the girls' bathroom. I am leaning towards my room, since we already finished our bathroom and it would be nice to have the entire mater suite done and over with. Guess my mind is made up!

To follow, I am going to write an obscene amount of posts detailing our vacation this summer. But before that, the posts that I should have done before we left... keep your hats on!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails