We have a soybean field behind our house. A few times this fall we took a little "hike" through the field to scope out the woods on the far side. Adalin loved collecting the soybeans that had slipped through the cracks of the combine. I was reminded of Ruth and Naomi of the Old Testament when they gleaned the fields of Boaz. I always wondered how much crop was actually left over for the poor to glean. There was quite a bit of soybean pods left out there! When we got home Adalin love opening the pods and placing the beans inside in a cup. Sorry to say, we just threw them away. They were really hard and I didn't really know what I could even do with raw soybeans. It was fun anyway!
1 comment:
COOL!! I never knew what a soybean field looked like. Your kids are adorable. Cute costumes and dresses too!
Post a Comment