I love Saturdays when I get a load of things accomplished. I vacuumed upstairs right after I woke up and knew that it was going to be one of those very productive Saturdays. I proceeded to spend 3 hours outside (in the almost freezing cold) basically detailing our car. It was very satisfying. Our car's interior was covered in filth. There was still some trash in it from our Christmas trip to MI and back if that tells you anything. I began by just getting all of the garbage out of it, then vacuuming. After a good vacuum job, I noticed that the carpet in there was more than dirty. It had 3 years of dirt sunken into it. I borrowed an upholstery/carpet cleaner from my friend Tara and went to town on the filth. It felt good, let me tell you. The solution getting sucked into the dirty water tank of the machine was opaque, brown dirt. Ewww. I cleaned the seats and the carpets with this amazing machine, wiped down the dash and all plastic components.
Our neighbor walked past as I was doing it and said, "looks like you have a little bit of spring fever huh?" Yep, exactly. I am so sick of the snow, ice, rain, cold that I think I am resorting to pretending that it is spring. I ignored the fact yesterday that my hands and nose were numb b/c I didn't want to admit that it was really too cold for cleaning out cars. I am SO ready for spring, it isn't funny. It feels like it has been 3 months since Christmas, not half that. Hopefully the next 4 or 6 weeks won't go by as slowly as the last 7.
Then Adam and I decided to rearrange our house. This is something that I have been doing ALL winter. People come over to my house and say, "Oh, you switched your living room around (again)." Yep, I most certainly did. What else is there to do inside when it is too cold to even step outside? Well we did it again. We moved the computer into our room, the bookshelf that was in our room to the dining room/kitchen area, and the phone table out of our room to the same place. Satisfying. I just love having a new look in my house. Using what I already have and making it all look new and fresh again.
I also began re-upholstering our piano bench, but have yet to locate my staple gun that I loaned out to someone (I forgot who) so I can finish the job.
This is what you call Spring Fever. Projects, cleaning or crafty, being initiated all the time.
Adiana maturing
9 years ago
3 comments:
Way to go Melissa! I have been putting off cleaning out my van for months. It needs to be cleaned out soooo badly. I keep using the excuse that it's to cold to do it. But really I'm just lazy.
Woah, you're impressive! I hope you bring Spring in early! I'm tired of Winter too!
I'm impressed! I'm hoping your energy has a snowball effect!
Post a Comment