This Valentines day was unique. Talking to my friend Ruth Tuesday, she offered to babysit my kiddos. What! What about your Valentines Day? She gave me the excuse that her husband works Thursday nights so they wouldn't be doing anything anyway... Hmmm, how could I turn that down? I made her swear that they didn't have any plans and that having extra kids wouldn't put a damper on their special evening. If you know Ruth, of course she said, "Of course not!" So we did it, dropped that chillins off at the Goughs to play, paint, eat, run around like wild monkeys. They had so much fun there! What did we do? None of your business. Kidding... I made a special dinner and we ate it by candle light in a quiet house. Even the dogs were quiet. It was great. We had Red & Green Lasagna, Home made whole wheat bread, Caesar Salad and nice juice and sherbet floats that Adam thought of at the last minute. It was nice. I really wanted to make an appetizer and a nice side dish to go along with dinner, but you know, it would have stressed me out to prepare all that food, so I passed. Adam and I have been arguing for weeks whether we are going to get a Tohoe/Yukon or an Expedition when we get our next, bigger vehicle. We have been test driving each for a few weeks and there are things that each of us like about both vehicles. It has been a contentious point around here... we finally decided that we are going to nix both ideas and get a Toyota Sequoia. We thought that Sequoias would be way out of our price range, but we found that if we get a 2002 or 2003 with 60-80,000 miles or so on it, then we can afford it. We drove one of these babies earlier this week and we LOVED it. It drove better than both of our previous options. We trust Toyotas too. We have a Camry now and it has been a great car. Why do I share this in my Valentine's Day post? Because after dinner we both crowded around our computer and looked at Sequoias online. We were having fun, browsing the Internet for our dream vehicle without kids at our side. Lame, I know. We had fun though. It was nice to finally agree on a car! We went out for a few more calories at TCBY. Adam got a waffle cone with white chocolate mousse soft serve and I got a chocolate and Butterfinger dipped waffle cone with Rocky Road ice cream. You can tell who is more calorie conscious out of the two of us. Him. It was delish. And the ice cream there is like 97% fat free. I don't feel too guilty. I always find a way to justify eating lots of ice cream. We picked up the stinkers and had some good conversation with a few of our good friends. It was a good Valentine's day.
Adiana maturing
9 years ago
2 comments:
Sequoia, huh? You guys weren't kidding about not being ready to join the minivan world. Show us pics one day!
Thanks for sharing some of your great valentines day dinner with us! The lasagna was delic!
Post a Comment