Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Adalin's First Haircut

I have been trying to get Adalin to let me give her a hair trim for months. She was born with a tuft of hair on the very top of her head that never fell out. The sides were the last section to fill in, so by age 3 1/2, the back of her hair was a good 2-3 inches longer than the front and sides. I was outside cutting Adam's hair and my mom was in the house with the girls, telling Adalin that she should get a haircut too. Earlier that day she had once again refused to let me trim it up and I once again chose my battles wisely and agreed that another day would be fine. Somehow, my mom did the trick and Adalin was convinced that a haircut would be the best thing in the world. So I chopped 3 inches off the back and about 1 inch or less from the front to give this result:



Doesn't she look beautiful? Her ponytails look well manicured and her hair looks so cute when it's worn down plain.
As with any other new endeavor we try, she was very hesitant at first but loves the outcome in the end. Whenever I try to get her to do something she has never tried before, sometimes she utterly refuses, other times drags her feet and she almost always loves her new-found hobby, activity or pastime. It's a funny, very girly type thing that she does. She is still talking with pride about how she got a haircut and is growing up so much. And yes, we saved the golden locks of her first haircut for her to keep forever in the bottom of her sock drawer.

1 comment:

Maren said...

Cute hair Adalin. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL and don't you EVER forget it. -M

Related Posts with Thumbnails