This beach was quiet and secluded, with rocks big and small, cool sand, frigid water and 55 degree temps, sea lions resting on an island rock, starfish galore... This is an Oregon beach.
Going in the water makes your entire body shiver, your feet cramp up and all you want is a warm, dry towel. A few very daring (and quite silly) family members actually got in the water. I mean in. Like 2 went underwater, another 5 or so up to their shoulders (in their clothes). Crazy. I only got in up to my knees because Adam made me! Then I turned around and sat on my rock again!
Like every reunion, the Franson foot-races took place, this time right here on the beach. Adam won the guys' race and Natalie, my little niece in the pink shirt and gray shorts below (who is darn fast) , took the girls'. Good jobs guys.
I love the pic below of Adalin flying her first kite. She loved it! Kira, as usual played in the sand. That little girl could play in dirt of sand for a living. When the tide was coming in, the waves reached Kira sitting in the sand, she freaked out and crawled frantically up shore. It was funny. She didn't think she had time to stand up and run.









1 comment:
It looks like you guys had an awesome adventure! Your family is cute as ever and the starfish are huge!
I like your blog make-over! I need to call you to see how you did the links to other blogs w/ the date, etc. You are just too spiffy for words!
Post a Comment