Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Oregon Coast

Us in Depoe Bay, OR

The cousins' collection of starfish in a pool of water; those are all mussells under the starfish!

My niece, Sophia, with her finger in an anemone.


Adalin!

Pretty trees on Hwy. 101, just south of Depoe Bay.


Panoramic from a viewpoint, gorgeous.

Whale watching in Depoe Bay was SOOOOO fun! It is known to be the best spot to watch whales on the entire Pacific Coast and we got to do it! It was amazing to see these massive creatures rolling around in the waves. One of my favorite parts of the trip.

This one is blowing water!
Our musseling spot. "Sneaker waves" caught us all by surprise and got me wet up to my knees. The best mussels were in between those 2 hugs rocks, way down in there. We had to pry the mussels off with a screwdriver. All of those black things on the rocks are mussels, which I thought was pretty cool.

3 comments:

Tif Sweeney said...

I am totally loving all these pictures! The Oregon coast is one of my favorite all time places. It is so gorgeous and I am so jealous!! :)

DeAnne said...

Wow! Gorgeous! Every time Jocelyn sees a picture of Adalin, she says, "There's Adalin comin' to our house!" We sure miss you guys!

Stef said...

Wow....Oregon is BEAUTIFUL!!! I'd love to visit there one day. What a great family trip!

Related Posts with Thumbnails