Friday, April 3, 2009

The Bench

Such a pretty picture, isn't it?


This is our version of the bench:

This is Pottery Barn's version:

Pretty close, eh?

Ours was 1/5 of the price! We looked up the dimensions of PB's Samantha Entryway Bench and drew our own plans. It was a fun project! Now to find baskets that fit underneath for less than $30 a piece... I am also going to make a top cushion!

Don't mind the mint green carpet in my picture... we are getting it all replaced this summer! Red... the bench sits at the top of our stairs and I thought we needed a little color there. Hence, the red. Should I have gone with white or black? I think though, that once we have some neutral carpet it won't look quite so psychedelic.

5 comments:

valerie said...

Awesome. It looks just like the pottery barn one!! Great job!!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, is there anything you can't do????

Natalie said...

Wow! I am really impressed!

Jenny said...

That is awesome. I am totally jealous

Lauren said...

you guys are so good! Very impressive. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails