This is one of my all-time favorite desserts. I could eat this cake out of the pan all day. Could is the key word. There are also Orange and Chocolate Raspberry versions that I need to get from my mother-in-law. I NEED to try them too! Enjoy!
Lemon Butter Pound Cake
In large bowl, beat till light and fluffy:
2 sticks butter
1/2 c shortening
2 2/3 c sugar
Then add:
3 c flour (spoon lightly into cup to measure)
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 c milk
3 Tablespoons pure lemon extract
Scrape bottom and sides of bowl several times.
Add 5 eggs, one at a time, beating until completely blended, but not whipping.
Butter the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13" pan at least 2" deep. Pour in batter and bake at 320 degrees about 1 hour 15 minutes.
While cake is baking, prepare a mixture of 6 ounces of lemonade concentrate and 3/4 cups sugar. Microwave for a minute and mix well till thoroughly dissolved. As soon as cake is out of oven, run a knife around sides of pan and prick top all over with a fork (a meat fork if you have one). Pour lemonade mixture over hot cake and spread to cover completely, including sides. Let it soak in completely; then sprinkle sugar lightly over top. For a crunchy texture, sprinkle again before serving. Ages well; freezes well.
Adiana maturing
9 years ago
1 comment:
Oh my this sounds like Shawn's dream in a pan. I'll definitely be giving this one a try!
Post a Comment