Monday, March 31, 2008

Easter 2008

We had a very busy Easter weekend this year! Saturday we hunted for eggs behind the school gym. It was SO cold. Adalin had a great time digging in grass and leaves for eggs! I feel like this is the first year that she has really had a lot of fun doing things like this! She really anticipated Christmas a few months ago and this year, really got excited about the Easter egg hunts. She understands (as much as a 3-year-old can) what Easter means and why we celebrate it. She tells us, "Jesus died for us so we can go back to Heavenly Father someday. And he came back alive! That means we can come back alive too!" Amazing.
Sunday was filled with festivities. I bought way too much Easter candy, as always, and decided to get rid of some by having a little Easter egg hunt at our house (indoors) with some of Adalin's little friends. It was fun and the girls all got A LOT of eggs.
We went to church to find some wonderful, uplifting messages. Afterwards, we rushed home, I cooked up some mashed potatoes, balsamic green beans and chocolate zucchini cake and brought them over to our friends, the Lofleys, for a wonderful turkey dinner.









You know, I don't fully understand the Atonement of Christ, but I am thankful for it. I know with all of my heart though that He died for me and that He truly lives again. There has been no other event in history of greater importance to mankind than the Atonement of Christ. He stands on the right hand of His Father and died so that all may live again in the kingdom of Heaven someday. I think that is amazing. There is much on this earth of value to many that people could give of themselves for the benefit of others. People give their own lives for what they believe to be true and right. Christ gave everything he had for us. He lived a sinless life, one that no other man could have lived. I know that He loves me and that he is always willing to help me whenever I call His name. He will never forsake me and will always know and care about what I am going through in my life. He loves me more than anyone could ever love anybody. He is the perfect example to me of service and love, of devotion and righteousness. I guess I just want to publicly pronounce my gratitude for the life that he lived and gave so that I may live forever with my Father in heaven when this life is finished. I know He lives and that He is the only source by which man may gain exaltation and eternal life.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Melissa, what a beautiful testimony. Thanks for sharing. It looks like you guys had a neat Easter. Your girls are just so beautiful in the matching dresses. So cute. :)

Pattie said...

looks like you had a great time...sorry we missed out.

Kaileen Connelly said...

Love, love, love the new family pic! What a beautiful family ... love you.

valerie said...

You have beautiful girls, Melissa! Darling Easter dresses too!

DeAnne said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful testimony. I love you, Melissa! I have always enjoyed your helpfulness and desire to improve yourself and boost everyone around you. I am so grateful for your friendship!

Unknown said...

The easter bows you made turned out way cute and they went perfectly with their darling dresses.

Thanks for coming over for dinner, I'm so glad you didn't have plans. You guys are great company!

Related Posts with Thumbnails