Adam has been the Intramural Co-chair this past year and therefore was in charge of planning the 2008 Rotator Cuff Basketball Tournament last weekend. Last year, the tourney didn't go so well. There was a lot of talking back to the refs going on and a lot of heated moments. Almost too heated, enough to make the entire tournament not even worth playing in because it was no longer enjoyable. I was worried about this competitive spirit being overwhelming again this year. I crossed my finger every moment of every game that no one would blow up and punch a ref. They didn't. The weekend went SO well and everyone got along and just enjoyed the game. Whew! I guess b/c Adam put in so many hours to put the thing together, I wanted so much for it to be a success and for the players to have a good time, especially b/c some of them traveled far to be there!
Adam's team got 2nd place behind Kansas City! They had a really good team, and the championship game was pretty close. They did awesome!
I am glad the whole thing is over though! It was difficult to have Adam constantly on the phone for the week before, since it took a lot of time away from us. I am so proud of him though for doing such a god job!
5 comments:
I am glad to hear it wasn't heated this year! I was a little worried after last year. Adam did a great job!
Adalin's so cute trying to carry both of those balls.
Way to go! I loved watching Bball at that tournament that past few yeras. So fun!
Ah, Melissa, don't you know you can't post a picture of your husband on the bench! Even if he was in all game and barely sat down, the male ego must be considered! j/k
Post a Comment