

We were driving down our streetand another white Toyota Sequoia was coming the opposite direction (we were driving ours at the time.) The identical car was still a block away and Adalin says, "Hey mom, there is another white Sequoia, just like ours!" How the heck did she know that?
Another car story...
Adalin knows what our friends, the Flammers', car looks like. Its a black Honda Civic, a couple years old, like the gray one pictured above. So my parents visited last week and they drove my dad's new Civic, but in dark blue. The back lights in the new body style are a little bit different , but you can tell it's a Civic for sure. So we pull in our driveway behind my dad's Civic and Adalin asks us, "Hey, are the Flammers here?" Weird!
I don't know where this interest in cars has come from! When we are at the grocery store sometimes I ask her if she can pick out our car from all the others and she has always been able to. My family is big into cars. My mom worked at car dealerships when I was a kid and my grandpa was a stock car driver and bodyman, and is basically a mechanic too. I grew up knowing what each make and model looked like and what changed on the bodystyles from year to year. Look like Adalin will follow in my footsteps, like I did in my Mom's, like she did in her Dad's.
1 comment:
It sounds like she is going to be JUST LIKE YOU! I remember when we first met and all you would ever talk about was cars ... I didn't get it at all. Sooo funny, that she is into them too. Wow, such good memories! "Can you come out to play?" :)
Post a Comment