Adam found a badly hurt bird on our deck yesterday evening, probably a result of one of the members of our zoo feeling the need to hunt. I vote for Kitty.
So Adalin and Adam put the bird back up in our big oak tree next to our deck and checked on it periodically.
Last night Adalin had her little friend Jocelyn over and Adalin said to her: Common' Joce, let's go outside and see if the bird died yet!
So I guess she sensed that there wasn't much hope for the bird, but we remained optimistic anyway.
This morning Adalin says to me: Mom, the bird died.
Me: How do you know that?
A: The bird isn't there anymore.
M: Oh, did you see it lying on the ground?
A: No, it isn't on the ground.
M: Well, if it isn't there that means that it flew away.
A: Yeah, well, it died.
M: Adalin, it had to have been alive to fly away.
A: Well, it died and flew up to Heavenly Father. (I finally caught on to her reasoning.)
M: Adalin, let me explain something to you, when something dies, it's body stays on on the ground and only it's spirit goes up to Heavenly Father. So if the bird died, it's body would stay on the ground.
A: Where does it's head go?
(I cracked up, then proceeded to try to differentiate for her the difference between the body and spirit, that the entire body would stay on the ground, only the spirit would go up to Heavenly Father.)
Adiana maturing
9 years ago
1 comment:
This made me laugh!! I love kids' reasoning!! So cute!
Post a Comment