

We had a good visit to the Aquatic Center the other day! It was a gorgeous day; forecast was like 83 degrees with scattered thunderstorms possibly mixed in. We got lucky too! You can see in the pictures that a thunderstorm passed right to the north of us, but the pool never had to close due to thunder or lightning! Those clouds made me nervous! Since we are leaving Kirksville in just a few short weeks, I am noticing, more than ever, the things about this town that I really love. The pools are one of them! We have awesome FREE wading pools here that are nice and shallow for my kids. Then there is "the Froggie Pool," as Adalin would call it, that is a blast. I have really fond memories of these pools and I will be sad to leave them, especially the FREE ones. Doesn't get much better than that!
So I think that Adalin, Kira and I have become pool rats already this summer. We have been a ton already and that pools have only been open for what, like 3 weeks? Ha! It takes some effort to get the girlies all ready to go, lubed up and off, but it is so fun for them, they love it and, best of all for me, it tuckers them out to no end. The last picture above is of Adalin, who fell asleep shortly after arriving home from the pool, with a rice cake still in her hand. It was nice to just take her up to her room for the night and skip all the stories and songs! Ah! Happy Summer!
1 comment:
You know what is really great about this post? The lifeguard in the background reminds me of you!! I miss it!
Post a Comment