It made me cry, think about life and the complex trials of others. I wouldn't normally post on my blog about a movie I watched, but this movie really triggered something inside of me that reminds me of the love that exists between good friends, sacrifices people have made for freedom, abuse of other countries' government and what being a good person really means. I would recommend it highly, though there are 2 or 3 parts of the movie that are a little disturbing and sad; just keep in mind that those kinds of things really happen in the country of interest. Definitely worth your time to watch.
Adiana maturing
9 years ago
3 comments:
Have you read the book? I have read the book but not seen the movie for the reasons that you mentioned. BUT I know people who have read it and seen and they said the book was even better. If you have not read the book, you should. It is one of my top 15 books.
I haven't read the book but I really want to now. Thanks for the suggestion Jodie. I miss you!
Mom and I watched this movie. It make you aware of culture differences. I just wonder a little if it was Hollywood's version of this culture. On the other hand it was a great reminder of how precious our relationship to family and friends should be.
Post a Comment