Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Back to School


Well... Here we are, back at school for another grueling year. I am actually quite excited to be back in the swing of things; back on my own schedule, carting the girls around to Wally-World, Home Depot, the gym, etc. The summer break was wonderful. Over the summer, Adalin learned how to jump and actually get her feet off the floor, hold still when I do her hair, how to ask "why" a million times over, and how to nurse her baby dolls, hehehe. Kira rolled over (front to back), put her hands together, giggles, imitates us sticking our tongues out at her, and squeals with delight. Ad and I loved the much needed time that we spent together, but we weren't used to so much of it. We, of course, didn't get as much done around our house than we wanted to. I figured we wouldn't. I wanted to get the entire house finally painted and done with. We did paint the other downstairs bathroom though. It's a Terra Cotta color and I like it now a lot more than I did when I brought home the paint. It's fun. I am getting into the exercise classes offered here at the school gym... spinning and kick-boxing. It is so fun! I don't know why on earth I didn't do the classes all last year. I am glad that I have started up though.

I am going to be headed to MI for a family reunion and Alyse's graduation party in the middle of August. I always love going back home. I will be driving with the two girls though. We will see how that goes. Luckily, Aunt Roxane lives in Chicago, the half way point.

Life is crazy. Chasing Adalin around and keeping Kira happy consumes most, if not all, of my time everyday. In between fits, crying spells, and activities I try to keep my house clean, do the laundry, weed the excessive amount of gardens that we planted (I love it though), and cook hot meals. Crazy, yes, but wonderful and rewarding.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you started a blog! It's so fun. :)

Nelson Family said...

Hello Hello! I am so happy you started a blog. It looks great.

The Wilkins' said...

Welcome to the world of blogging Melissa! Looking forward to more posts from you! :)Katie

Unknown said...

Melissa- I think that is so funny that adaline nurses her dolls. While I was in Utah for the summer Mikaela was watcing my sister in law nurse and she said, "Conner sure does like your belly button." Kids are the cutest.

Anonymous said...

cute

Related Posts with Thumbnails