Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I've been tagged...

Which means that I have to share 6 things that you all probably don't know about me already. Sorry to my Mom, Dad, my sisters, Kaileen & Les, you may have already heard these!

#1 - "Blubber Buns"

My older sister, Lauren, and I took ice skating lessons when we were younger. My dad would often video-tape us during our class. My family has a tradition of watching these home videos when we are all at home, bored and need something to occupy our minds. Unfortunately, I fell during my lessons, a lot. I was like 6; do you blame me? I think that my fam and I have watched some of these movies a few too many times. I somehow acquired the nickname "Blubber Buns" because, watching one of these home videos in slow-mo, my sweet family noticed that I would bounce after each fall on the cold, hard ice. Kind of like when you drop a medicine ball, it bounces just a little, well so did I! So there you have it, interesting fact #1.

Thanks Rebecca for the tag!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, this is all true and it is so adorable to watch her she was such a tough cookie---she never cried or wanted to quit, she just got right back up and kept on going. Maybe it was the padding but I think it was just sheer determination. I still crack up whenever I watch the video--then I usually get weepy cuz my baby grew up way too fast. Love you Mel!

Stef said...

(Laughing!) That's cute. You should get that video on here and post it for the world!

Related Posts with Thumbnails