Tuesday, September 11, 2007

4 teeth, 5 months

Yes, Kira just got her 4th tooth. Crazy. She got her first (which I should have made a post about, but was out of town and super busy at the time) on August 25th, right before she was 5 months old. All of her teeth have really surprised me. Adalin didn't get her first one until 5 1/2 months, so that was what I was expecting from Kira. Nope. Her second came in 2 weeks later, and her 3rd and fourth, came in in two days, just Saturday and Sunday. It has been wild how fast they have come, and luckily, without any hassle at all. I guess that's why I am so shocked. She really hasn't showed any teething signs at all yet. I m so grateful for healthy, happy children. I do struggle at times with my patience, but for the most part, I have wonderful, textbook babies. I rarely thank God for this and I need to more often. I guess that I just don't know any different.
The leaves have started to fall and the acorns drop. We have a HUGE oak tree in our backyard, which is so beautiful, however, it is such a messy tree. Our back deck within a matter of 2 days is completely covered with leaves and acorns. We filled up at least 20 70-gallon yard waste bags last fall with the oak tree junk, and I don't expect any different from it this year. Gives up something to do I guess.
I am so relieved that the weather has changed a bit and that it is cooler and more comfortable. I think that Fall is my favorite time of year (Spring is almost tied). Hot summer days are wonderful and fun, but exhausting as well. I love temps in the 70's where I can wear a sweatshirt and not be too hot or too cold. The weather change is forcing me to buy some clothes for Adalin too, which isn't too awful of a thing.
I really had a great day on Sunday. I am so thankful that Adam has decided not to study on Sundays. Sundays are always so much better than any other day because of this. It is a day for spiritual rejuvenation, which is always much needed in my life. I got a long nap too this past Sunday. Ahhh. In the evening I got to read some of the Ensign (the LDS magazine with different inspirational articles about life and God). I have never read an Ensign all the way through. This month's was awesome. It had articles about finances, laughter, caring for ppl with disabilities... I just kept reading and didn't get bored. It was great! I was even brought to tears as I re-read a good little story to Adam about how a disabled child was served by ward members. I want to be the kind of person that is just always willing to help others, no matter what they need or what I have going on. Service is really the key to happiness.

3 comments:

Pattie said...

Thats great hope she doesnt bite love the new blog look much better on the eyes

Ashley said...

Well, she's already caught up to Abbey with the teeth thing. Ha ha, Abbey's like 10 months older. I'm glad it hasn't been awful. What a blessing.

Unknown said...

I LOVE to help rake leaves. Give me a call and we'll come over when you need!

Related Posts with Thumbnails