Friday, September 21, 2007

Adalin's personality

Adalin is just so...

Crazy
Yes, but that's not what I am talking about this time. :-)







I haven't been able to quite put my finger on it until now... She suffers from OCD. Just kidding. I think she's pretty close though. I have been apologizing to friends whose children she seems to "boss around." I have finally resolved that its not really bossing, or at least she doesn't have the same motive that a real bossy girl would have, I think that she just must have things done a certain way, which is the right way (which, I guess are the ways I have taught her), and everything must be done thoroughly. She doesn't have the intiention of being in control over her peers, she is just so concerned with their methods and if they are properly managed. There are no shortcuts with this little girl. She loves to do things like put bibs on, buckle all 4 buckles when riding in the stroller, she has always hated dirty hands, button all the buttons on anything, everything has to match, be evenly spread, straight, organized, ironed, of the right amount, closed tightly... you get the drift. So, is this just a "that age" kind of thing? I would think that some of it is, but not all 2 1/2 year olds are this anal. What isn't so bad about her OCD is that she is so obsessed that she is willing to do things herself if I am not willing to fulfill her obnoxious demands right away. She isn't lazy about getting things done her way, the right way. I am still somewhat victimized by her obsessiveness, but not to the point of pulling my hair out, at least not all the time. So my apologies go out to all those mom's whose children feel a little bossed around, I am trying to teach her that there can be more than one best way to do things.

1 comment:

Levon said...

Awe, we sure miss little Miss Adalin. Pohai's going through the same exact OCD thing! Doesn't give us moms a chance for shortcuts, huh. I wonder if our girls could still play each other, would they be able to cure each other of it? Keep patient, Meliss, you're such a great mom! Miss ya!

Related Posts with Thumbnails