Friday, September 28, 2007

6 months of pure joy

Kira is 6 months old today. The time has flown by so fast, I don't even know where it went! Kira has been the most amazing baby. She is always full of smiles. She sleeps well, eats well and loves everyone. She brightens up my life in ways I never thought possible. I heard a kind of cheesy little thought in church a few weeks ago... a father of only one child felt that he didn't want his next child to feel less love than his first had always felt. He compared his love to a pie. When his next child was about to arrive he didn't want his first child to get less pie or love than he/she was used to. But, to his surprise, when baby #2 came, he had a new pie to give to the new child and the first child got no less. OK, so what does this have to do with me? Well, this is true. I love my children immensely. I loved Adalin when she was my one and only, and now that Kira is here, I love her just as much. My heart has grown along with my love. My children are such a joy in my life. They are what my life is all about. I am thankful for baby Kira, what would I do w/o her?

Here we are just a few hours after Kira was born. What a sweet day it was!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are such a wonderful mother. You have beautiful babies!! You know this means that Madi is almost 6 months too? Wow!

Pattie said...

What a sweet post. You have beautiful kids. and i have enjoyed see them grow up thanks for sharing..

valerie said...

Wow 6 months! You're right where does the time go. No matter how many kids you have they are all loved just them same. You have beautiful girls Melissa!!

Levon said...

Very inspiring Melissa - you're a great example of motherhood to us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails