SO Good!!!
So, pretty much, I am always just as happy as can be when I find such an excellent recipe that I have never made before. This chicken dish was excellent! It is a must that you try it. Thank you Natalie!
Pesto-coated Baked Chicken
(Natalie Jensen )
3-4 medium sized chicken breasts
1/4 c. + 1 T. prepared pesto
1 1/2 t. sour cream
1 1/2 t. mayo
1 T. pine nuts, coarsely chopped
1 T. Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Arrange chicken in a single layer in a shallow baking dish. Combine pesto (recipe below), sour cream, mayo in a small bowl. Brush over chicken. Sprinkle cheese and nuts over chicken and bake 15-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and dish is slightly browned on top. Enjoy the goodness you just made, it bursts with flavor!
Pesto
(Katherine Fields)
1/4 c. walnuts
1/4 c. pignolis pine nuts
3 T. diced garlic, or minced, about 9 cloves
5 c. fresh basil, packed
1 t. kosher salt
1 t. freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 c. good olive oil
1 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Place walnuts, pignolis and garlic in bowl of food processor fitted with steel blade. process 30 seconds. Add basil, salt, pepper. With processor running, add olive oil slowly. (I just used my blender and it worked.) Process pesto until it is finely pureed. Add Parmesan and puree for a minute. Store in fridge or freezer with a thin film on olive oil on top. Makes 3 1/2 to 4 cups.
I ate this too fast to follow the typical protocol and take a picture before we scarfed. My apologies.
This recipe is in the SAA cookbook, vol. 2, if you own it.
2 comments:
I made this last night after you told me about it and it was a big hit here. I'm so glad you mentioned it!! It tastes so good. And it is so easy!
I'm so glad you liked it-- It tastes much more complicated than it is!
Post a Comment