Wednesday, September 12, 2007

8:oo pm

is when I got both girls to bed by, which is a miracle in itself. It has been so nice to have a little extra time this evening. I even got the floors swept and mopped, which is always a big accomplishment since I have so much pergo.







I am quite pleased with our new puppy, Yukon. He doesn't mess in the house at all anymore and he's only 3 months old. He just picked it up really quickly. He does like to chew though, luckily not expensive items like the couch and furniture. He does like to chew magazines which leads me to believe that he has some kind of fetish with shredding things. But what dog doesn't? He is getting the hang on not jumping up on us when he wants attention too. He still does every once and a while, but I think he is on a good road to mastering this concept. I do worry a little bit about him knocking our kids over when he is full grown. It seems like his temperament is a gentle and very loving one, so I hope he takes care not to do this when he is fully grown. Isis is still neurotic and has 5 times the energy Yuke does, and he's a Weim, if that tells you anything. She's nuts. Yukon has helped her though in a lot of ways. She just bites him all day (he doesn't mind at all b/c he love to do the same in return) which has distracted her from her car-chasing obsession. She will always chase cars though. It is somehow programmed in her little brain, permanently, I think.


Adalin had a "melt down" day today, as my mom would say. She had melt down after melt down. I don't think she's sick, I just think for some reason she didn't sleep well last night and she was just tired today. She was flipping out b/c she couldn't hold her baby and her drink comfortably. Whatever to that.


Tomorrow at that school is hospital Day where all of the hospital reps from the school's affiliated rotation sites come and represent. This is going to be very beneficial for us since we really need to find out more about these sites. We have said since we moved here that we ain't movin', but we aren't so sure about that anymore. I am very wishy-washy about the matter. One day I refuse to leave, the next I am ready for an adventure. We had a mock match a few days ago, and I will just say that we didn't put the 'ville as our #1 choice. I just don't know about it all. I feel like the main factor in deciding should be what the best place is for Adam's career. That's why we are here, doing all of this. He needs to get the best education possible, and I feel like since he doesn't know what field he wants to go into, then he should be in a place that offers residencies in most fields so that he will be exposed to and have employment opportunities in most specialties. He likes orthopedics, general surgery, ENT and family practice. At least so far, ha. Who knows what the flavor of next month will be. Then, of course, there is always the advantage that if we move, we will be closer to family, which will be wonderful. I am kind of feeling like I am emotionally ready for an adventure, but that won't play any significant role in our decision making process. If we move though, there will be some financial strain. Will we be able to sell our house? I think we will, but there's always that chance. I really want to buy a house when we move too. Hmmmm... this is a great time to house shop b/c everyone is trying to sell, and we will get more house for our money, but when we will need to move again, will we be able to sell then? I dunno.


I am happy to be alive. Life is good. I need to remember that when I am all stressed, mad, tired, whatever. I do have a good life; a wonderful husband who is an amazing father to my sweet, precious, purely wonderful girls. What could I want more?

1 comment:

jayne said...

Isn't it the pits deciding where to go next? I'm trying to decide where to go the rest of my life and it's even worse....Good luck with the match. I for one WILL NOT complain if you stick around here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails