I have had so much fun growing a garden this past year. It has been an amazing experience. It is true that caring for a garden can provide more relief than an entire medicine cabinet full of pills. Here are some red pimento peppers of mine that have just started to ripen, some home grown basil, and some wonderful smelling rosemary. There aren't many things better in life than going out to your backyard, picking veggies, and cooking them right then in your kitchen. We had SO many tomatoes this year between ours and the ones we got from the farmers' market. So I branched out and canned them. I was quite proud of myself since I have only canned once before, and that was earlier this summer, pickles.
I can't stop thinking about the amazing things I bought today at the Marler's/Gough's/Shuldberg's/Johnson's.... yard sale. We went last night to look at what everyone was selling... well maybe I should start with an excuse why the heck we were stalking this yard sale in the first place. Ruth mentioned that she had some toy storage shelves/bins, dressers and a bookshelf, ALL of which I have been patiently waiting to find a good deal on. So yes, we bought a new (to us) bookshelf, that will be SO cute when we paint it, a little white toy chest and the toy organizer that we desperately needed for Adalin's growing collection of toys. Then, what do you know? They are selling their Phil & Teds double jogging stroller. Oh my heck, as the Idahoans would say. A double stroller is something that I have wanted for a LONG time, well I guess not too long, but since I have had 2 kids (ok, that's only been 5 1/2 months, but still.) Anyway, I fell in love with it and convinced Adam that we needed it. I have convinced myself that we need it too. Now I can walk to church, the gym, take both dogs and both kids for walks, walk to Adam's school... the list goes on and on. This new stroller had given me freedom to walk wherever I choose! I am so excited. I have been excited about this thing all day long. I can't stop looking at it, thinking about it. I don't even want to bother to put it outside in the garage, I like it in the middle of my dining room! The girls are happy in it below.
Just some pics of the girls, not done up, just what they usually look like when we are hanging out at home. Adalin loves Kira so much. Kira is the happiest baby I have ever known. I am so blessed.
Not very flattering of Kira, but that is such an Adalin face.
Adalin loves to "help me cook." It makes her so happy. You can just see her joy here.
7 comments:
What cute girls!!! I love that last one, especially how you got the dog in too!! That one has to be a classic :)
Wow what a great find on that stroller.give me a call we will have to go for a walk what great pictures thanks for sharing
LOVE the naked-milk-chugging picture! What cute little girls!
I saw that stroller sitting there that whole morning and had no idea that it was a double stroller!! How awesome is that! I have never seen anything like it.
Chug chug chug! I love that pic of Adalin and the milk!!
We have the same stroller for our two kids and they love it. We get the strangest comments from ppl when they realize we have a baby tucked behind our 4 yr old. It's like ppl are freaked out if you're not walking your kids in one of those 2-astride-wide-load-get off the sidewalk people-type strollers.
Awesome that you scored their stroller! That is such a steal. And your produce looks so pretty!!!
Post a Comment