Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A swift kick in the pants


Yep, that's what I need right now. All day I have been completely unmotivated about cleaning up my house. It's disgusting. Yes, my house is dirty, but my attitude is worse. I just don't feel like cleaning up, at all. It's quite weird for me too. I am usually a cleaning Nazi. Any mess in any part of my house bothers me to no end, usually. Not today. I don't even care. To the left you see Walmart bags, still on top of my range, the pan I used to make Adam a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner, since I didn't feel like cooking either tonight, Dog treats that i didn't feel like putting back in the pantry after Adam and Adalin were training the dogs, and the new cascade box that never got put under the sink. So I don't know if this new attitude is a good or bad thing here. I usually am so obsessed with cleaning that I stress about it a little bit. However, I am a bit more relaxed since I have the "I don't even care right now" attitude. Though, I think in the long run, having a dirty house will stress me out more than if I would have stressed all day to clean it. So I guess I answered my own question.

To the left here you can see my beautifully dirty sink full of dirty dishes. This is an uncommon occurrence for this sink, but you know how today has been for me. Why am I even like this today? Hmmm... we had a BBQ last night which was SO fun. We got to have some really awesome peeps over and I just love having ppl over. But I think, since now I am really thinking about it, that since I cleaned ALL day yesterday, that today I am pretty well burnt out. So I am just going to make a nice list of things to do as soon as I wake up in the morning, starting with the dishes.

Here you see Adalin's coloring supplies that she used and didn't clean up. She never really cleans up w/o being asked. She is usually good to help me though when I ask her to. I should give her credit for that. She did, though, a few times today, color by herself and let me have a few moments of peace. That was very nice because it is quite a rare occurrence that she goes and does anything without asking me to help her do it.


My kitchen table with random things on it, like always.








This is the worst clutter bucket of them all in my house. Our dresser. I don't even want to go into all the stuff that is on top of here... by the end of the week it's my goal to have this cleared off.






Our bed was made before I attempted to take a nap this afternoon. Now it's not made and won't be until tomorrow morning.
Adam didn't quite understand why on earth I "waisted" time writing this, and taking pictures of all of the messes when I could have had most of it cleaned up by now. Good point. Hmmm... It's b/c I am waisted and just want to sit and waist time on the computer instead of returning to reality and cleaning up my house. I am going to spend my entire life cleaning.... which I honestly don't mind. I actually enjoy it most of the time. It gives me a sense of accomplishment. Just know that I will be cleaning up tomorrow. Welcome to my world!
Oh, Adam is now doing the dishes... WAHOO! Now I don't have to.

5 comments:

Pattie said...

by the looks of your house it still way way cleaner than mine..
on my front porch i have this sign that reads My House was clean last week sorry you missed it.
You should see my house after just one day with the kids home..crazy..
We all have those days some of us more than others (Me) the mornings should be fine

jayne said...

I'm having a day like that today! I'm still in my pj's downstairs and I haven't seen Jack and Landon in about 20 minutes. Oooh, now that I type that I better go see what they are into or I'll probably regret it.....

Levon said...

Haha, that's dirty? Come to our house - think new unadjusted medical student, pregnant woman with zero energy, and 2 year old! Still looks good Melissa!

Shuldberg said...

I wish that is what a dirty house looked like, that is a clean house on a really good day here. Jeez...I really am a slacker. I have got to get on the ball!!!

TerriLyn said...

You are too cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails