Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Dogs suck.

Ok, so they have driven me pretty well crazy today. While I was preparing to sweep my floors, Yukon was in my way every step of the way. I picked up a rug and went to go pick up the next, and there he is, lying right on it. I go to pick up the next one, he's lying on it. Yes, again, with the next one. HELLO! Are you trying to annoy me?

Then they got into my chocolate zucchini cake. I very thoughtfully took 5 pieces out of the pan, put them on a plate, wrapped then in Saran wrap and placed them on the counter to deliver to a friend later. I come down from upstairs and what do you know? Yukon has figured out that he has grown taller, and got the plate down off the counter. He and Isis scarfed it all before I caught them. I HOPE they have diarrhea for a week, and it better not be in my house.

I sweep the floors and gather my nice, neat piles of dirt, crumbs and dust balls. Both dogs find these piles intriguing. They go from pile to pile thinking that maybe something has appeared there that wasn't on the floor before. I can't shut them outside b/c its raining. I wish I could.

I just got up to see what Yukon was chewing this time and he had stolen Kira's "taggie" that I just made for her a few hours ago, and chewed one of the tags up. Wonderful.

Adam found Adalin's church shoe, completely chewed, outside this morning.

I know what you're thinking... It was my choice to get these rascals. I know, I know, I know. I actually enjoy having dogs in general. I just hate having them today.

5 comments:

Pattie said...

I am so sorry that they were driving you crazy. although i did chuckle about you hoping they would have diarrhea. i have been impressed with how paient you are with them...

The Gowdy Family said...

OH Melissa, that's so funny--we were having the EXACT same kind of day yesterday! Must have been the rain...Chloe was chewing everything in sight, and just wild and obnoxious. I said to John, "I think if someone would take her I'd be tempted to give her away today." Today, once again I'm glad we have her, but seriously, yesterday was awful! I feel for you!

Levon said...

Awe, Meliss. I'm sorry that I got a laugh out of that one. I still wish I had a dog though. You sure got a full house! You know I'd dog-sit for you anytime if I could! Looks like you gotta not only baby-proof, but dog-proof your house better. Hopefully you have a better day tomorrow. Miss you! STEF

Unknown said...

Actually, I was thinking it is such a blessing there are people like you that take such great care of their dogs! You're such a neat lady!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I know what you mean! It really sucks that I LOVE a clean house... Max messes it up and then makes it hard to clean it up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails