Thursday, December 20, 2007

4 Years Ago Today

Adam and I got married! Happy Anniversary babe.





In some ways it seems like it was longer than 4 years, in some ways shorter. I feel like we have been through a lot together. We have moved a lot, finished undergrad (well, I am almost done), had two kids, are over a year into med school, bought a house... we must have been married more than 4 years ago. But 4 years! That's kind of a long time. I am only 23 and I have been married for 4 years. By the world's average age for marriage, I shouldn't be married yet. I has gone by fast, it feels more like 2 years. I am going to read this 30 years from now and think, "Goodness girl, 4 years was nothin'. No big deal."

Well, anyway, here are a few highlights of what went on these past years:

12/20/03 - We got married in the Manti, UT temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
12/22/03 - Catalina Island for 2 days.
12/25/03 - Christmas in LA with Justin & Julie and Mom & Dad Franson.

4/04 - Moved out of our first basement apartment into our "first place" in Springville, UT. Bought our first car, 1995 Audi Quattro, it turned out to be a lemon.
5/04 - Pregnant!
6/04 - I got bucked off a horse.
10/04 - Got our first pet, Kitty.
12/25/04 - Christmas in Springville with my sister, Lauren.
12/31/04 - New Year's in LA.

2/05 - Adalin was born!
10/05 -
Moved to Provo in need of some more square footage. Applied to Med schools.
12/25/05 - Christmas in Provo, just us.

3/06 - Got Isis, our first dog, red & white Basenji. Ran the Moab Half Marathon together.
4/06 - Adam graduated from BYU with a BS in Physiology and Developmental Biology.
7/06 - Moved to Kirksville, MO for med school. Pregnant Again!

4/07 - Kira Elizabeth was born!

I am SO grateful for Adam. This past year has been difficult for us. Med school isn't easy. Adam often wonders if the sacrifice is really worth it. Some weeks are worse than others. Lack of exercise and time with family, not eating very well, impatience, rushing everywhere we go are all side effects of being so crazy busy with school.

I wished Adam a happy anniversary this morning as he was frantically studying for a quiz. I told him I loved him. He said, "There's not much to love." Trust me Ad, there is. Life is hard sometimes, but if it was always easy it wouldn't be rewarding. The past 4 years have been just that. I am so thankful we met when we did, that someone thought to introduce us, and that we gave each other a chance. I have so many fond memories of the past 5 years that we have known each other. It has been purely wonderful. And like I said, if everyday would have been easy and care-free, we wouldn't be where we are today. Our love wouldn't be strong, our characters built or our lives enriched. I am so grateful for you. I love you. I am glad that you are by my side through this journey. I wouldn't have it any other way.

All of our wedding and dating pics are on my other computer, which crashed. When I get the hard drive recovered I will have to post some old school pics of our younger years. :)

4 comments:

Tif Sweeney said...

Happy Anniversary! Just think -- you will soon have a break to spend some time together as a married couple again!! And, keep up the positive attitude -- you are amazing! :)

valerie said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

jayne said...

Happy Anniversary!

Levon said...

We hope you had a wonderful Anniversary!!! You are such an amazing couple :)
Merry Christmas too! We miss ya!

Related Posts with Thumbnails