Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Adam is back. I didn't even realize that he was gone until Saturday was here, finals had been over for about 24 hours and after he got a good night's sleep. Adam was cracking jokes again, smiling, teasing us all a little bit, imitating W. C. Fields, quoting Lord of the Rings and other movies. He was happy, very different than he has been the last few months. He slowly lost his livelihood as this past quarter progressed.

I have never seen him that stressed and overwhelmed. But its over! I could never be more thankful that we actually made it through somehow. It's funny to think about, but I look at his school and test schedule for the last two weeks of the quarter and all the things I had going on on top of that, and I really don't know how I lived through it. I know that w/o the help of the Lord, we would have failed, miserably. If I had those two weeks immediately ahead of me right now, I couldn't do it again. I couldn't handle it emotionally or physically. We were all at the end of our ropes in a serious way.

But we did it. It was hard, but we did it. I am so thankful for this break. We need the time to chill and do some things together. We have painted together, replaced outlets, cleaned our garage, organized closets, watched movies, ate together. It has been wonderful. We are going to St. Louis, shopping and to the Zoo the weekend after Thanksgiving. I am SO excited for that!

So, here's a shout out to all my fellow 2nd year spouses... we survived!

1 comment:

Ruth Harper Gough said...

WOO HOO!!!! Loved this post Melissa.

Related Posts with Thumbnails