2nd quarter was bad, 5th is worse. The past 3 months have been lonely, tiring and, at times, depressing. We are hanging in there though. Adam has 3 tests left this week and then its PARTY TIME!
Adam told me the other day that he doesn't know if the price he is paying to become a doctor is worth it to him. He isn't dropping out, but he didn't know that it was going to be this hard. He eats lunch and dinner with us and some days that's it. He thinks that he could have been happy doing a lot of things for work, but he decided medicine b/c it is fulfilling, pays well and is what he has always wanted to do. It's what a lot of his family members do. Is it worth the sacrifice though? Does he want to be a doc that bad? I think in the middle of all the stress of a million tests per week, he thinks not, but in retrospect, this will seem but a small moment and not as hard as it once was.
I am proud of him. I wouldn't trade my life for his for a million dollars, well.... haha. A million dollars would help out a lot right now. His life is stressful. He feels like a failure sometimes b/c everything he is involved in he needs to do better at or spend more time with.
I can't even describe how wonderful Sundays are. After this last week, we had Sunday, always a day of spiritual and physical rejuvenation. Adam decided not to study on Sunday back at BYU and has stuck to that through the years, at all costs. He promised the Lord, and himself, that Sunday would be a day for us and him. It has been VERY hard for him to keep that promise, though I know that blessings have flown and he has been looked after as he takes those Monday morning tests on 4 hours of sleep, not having studied at all the day before. I am grateful for a husband who is committed to everything he does.
I remember at BYU a professor was discussing a test coming up and said, "closed book, closed notes, open revelation." People laughed, myself included, but I know that Adam has been assisted with his studying and tests and that the Lord has helped him make it this far b/c he he has kept this promise.
Of course, he would no longer have a sane wife if I didn't see him on Sundays either... maybe that's his motivation. :)
Adiana maturing
9 years ago
3 comments:
Wow, that is really inspiring! I'm totally going to show this one to Andrew!
Fifth quarter is now done!! I hope that you enjoy some time with Adam this week!!
Amen to all of that. I had some classmates ask me the other day how I do it (the no-study-on-Sunday commitment). I told them it's no different than anything else you do on a regular basis - if it's set in stone, you arrange everything else within a particular week to fit in around it. I second the blessing that come from doing this!!!
Post a Comment