My sister Lauren decided to visit us this weekend from Michigan. She saw that she had 5 days off from her 2 jobs, so thought that she would take a trip to the big MO and see us. I love having company! I appreciate so much when our family comes and visits. I know it isn't easy, but it makes us feel special and loved. She leaves tomorrow. :( So, yes, it is a short visit, but Lauren and Adalin have gotten some wonderful bonding time in. They watched movies, put makeup and perfume on each other, help each other get dressed and ready for the days, played in nursery on Sunday together and ate every meal hip to hip.
"The milk chugger": that's what I have named Lauren. I have NEVER seen so much milk be consumed from my refrigerator ever. We had 1 1/2 gallons in our fridge Saturday afternoon. I went to the store for a few things and picked up another gallon just so I wouldn't have to go get more milk before Lauren left Wednesday. We ran out Monday morning. 2 1/2 gallons in 2 days. That's sad. Lauren LOVES to drink milk, obviously. I ran this morning for more, bought 2 gallons, and one is already 1/3 full. Now she isn't the only one drinking it, but it is being consumed at about twice the regular rate. I never really understood the magnitude of this milk obsession until her visit this time. She says that she usually buys herself 2-3 gallons a week. Hmm, at $2.50 per gallon, that's $25 per month for milk. Not ideal for a poor college student. The verdict... milk rehab. She needs to learn to drink water.
Adiana maturing
9 years ago
1 comment:
I'm so glad you got to have family - I always love it when someone comes to visit. Have fun in St. Louis, we'll be down there this weekend too - maybe we'll see you at at the zoo.
Post a Comment