What motivated this Cinderella post? I have been thinking a lot about how I used to watch this same movie and many other Disney classics when I was a child (Dumbo, Lady & The Tramp, Sleeping Beauty were a few of our all-time favs). That is cool stuff, that these movies are so timeless and last through generations and are as magical to her as they were to me.
Adalin said to Adam one day while watching Cinderella and her prince dance in love, "Daddy, when will I get to dance with my prince?" How cute. It made me think that someday Adalin will grow up and find the man of her dreams. How I hope for all the happiness in the world for her and for a wonderful, righteous man to take her to the temple and marry her. I am sure her future hubby will like that line of hers when she was 2.

I have my favorite parts of Cinderella now too, different from my favorite bits as a child.
OK, so next time you watch Cindersmelly, when Jaq comes into Cinderella's room to tell her that there is a new mouse in the house, Gus Gus, C. gets out a dress and says, "Oh, well she'll need a dress" and, here it is, Jaq's laugh. This giggle is my favorite part of the movie and I don't think that it even made me laugh at all as a child.
I know, this is pathetic! Getting ready in the morning, I listen to this movie at least 3 times per week. I just had to share my thoughts about this little giggle. I love it, it makes me laugh every time. Go ahead, turn your C. movie on and find that part, it will be fun!
It was SO funny, when C. is mopping the floor and when you can see her reflection in all the bubbles while she is singing "Sing, sing nightingale" Adalin says the other day, "Mom, how is she going to get out of those bubbles?" I love little brains.


4 comments:
What a crack up. See, movies teach children some things, such as cognitive learning, right? Those were some really cute lines Adalin said.
we have cinderella 2 do you want to borrow it.. gus gus
I agree with your comment about Gus's laugh. I can remember as a kids rewinding that part over and over again to see just that part. We bought it for Erin when it came out on DVD and she must of watched it everyday for a month straight. And now there is Cinderella 2 and 3.
Oh Melissa, you are so cute.
Post a Comment